It's not Whitebread!!!

Monday, May 22, 2006

Reality Bites!

Back to reality - snotty noses, picky eaters, whiney cries. Yes, we came home after all. Dinner was fantastic and the company and conversation even better. I have a great husband and excellent friends. Cheers to the Presleys, Haskeys and Lobbs - I love you guys!
Actually our reality is better than any dreamworld because it is actually happening. Over the snotty noses are big, innocent, inquisitive eyes; the picky eaters make family meal times interesting and the whiney cries break the silence and are just another reason to hug your children and to put them to bed early!!
Time to plan the next date night. It's nice when your choice becomes the restuarant and not the person to take. I'll be married for 9 years next month and I couldn't nor wouldn't choose a different date.
(Besides, he reads this stuff)
I love you, D-Dog ;-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Kirst said...

Again, you always have a way of saying stuff. I love you too. As much as the whining drives me crazy, with my own kids, the love for them is greater and it doesn't seem so bad.
I'm glad D-dog is catching on.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Evey said...

Glad to hear you guys had such a great night. Dinner out with good friends is always a great way to go:)

9:59 AM  
Blogger --Nathan-- said...

d-dog eh?! do you actually call him that?

11:14 AM  
Blogger Joy and Darrin said...

Not to his face, but Kirsten does. I don't think he minds - he's just glad to see me being somewhat affectionate, even if it is Kirstens idea.

11:33 AM  
Blogger --Nathan-- said...

i think i'll spice it up a bit and call him D-Dogg (with two G's) then i can ask "Where is Double D-oh-Double G?"

12:30 PM  
Blogger Tammy Williams said...

You two have always been a wonderful couple. Hard to believe it has been 9 years though...crazy!
In response to your question on my blog, no Jeremy is not Canadian. He was born and raised in Oregon but he travelled the world when he worked on a U.S. Submarine for the Navy. When he got out of the Navy he got his Engineering degree and now he's a Structural Engineer.
We both live in Oregon now, just over an hour south of Portland.
Tam-tam

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home