It's not Whitebread!!!

Friday, May 12, 2006

A few of my favorite things

It was a good night. It was a late night but a good night. We were at a meeting at the church until about 9:30 sothe rugrats needed to get to bed in the biggest way. So, we put the boys to bed and then it began.....one of my favorite things....chillin' on the couch with my hubby with my favorite drink and my favorite show. The only thing missing was a bag o' plain Lay's potato chips and a pedicure.

My favorite beverage at this time is getting quite a handle on it - not for the amature. A triple venti, sugar-free vanilla, half-sweet, non-fat, caramel macchiato. It warms me up inside just thinking about one. What's sad it that I am to the point where even a triple (3 shots of espresso) doesn't even keep me awake ;-)
What was I watching? Only the best show on TV - The Office! I LOVE THAT SHOW and the season finale was fantastic. Never have I been so enamoured with a cast and invested in a tv relationship than with Jim and Pam. Wasn't that ending awesome?? Both Darrin and I were literally sitting up straight with huge grins on our faces which quickly turned to disappointment after realizing that we now have to wait until the fall to see what Pam does. Now that's Must See TV :-)

Ethan's Quote of My Day:
"I love you so, so, so much...even more than chocolate milk!"
(If you know who much Ethan loves chocolate milk, you'd be touched too!)

I can't figure out how to move pictures where I want them.
Maybe I can't.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ethan had so much fun last night. He is an awesome little guy. You are doing a great job with him.
Char J

9:46 AM  
Blogger kris said...

You watch The Office too!? That was one of the funniest episodes so far - just what a season finale should be. I was enjoying a luke warm Tim Horton's while I watched it.

My favourite drink is a regular caramel macchiato but I usually get what I call a poor man's macchiato - caramel americano. Lynn recently introduced me to white mocha americanoes - so good.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Joy and Darrin said...

I may have to branch out and try it. Last week's The Office was funny too with the complaints. I laughed so hard when they Michael started reading all of Dwight's complaints about Jim - more like practical jokes. I love that show.

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What channel was The Office on??? I set up the VCR to tape it and it wasn't on. There was 2 shows of My Name Is Earl.
Cathy

11:15 AM  
Blogger kris said...

It was on right after the hour long Earl finale, but it started at a weird time, something like 9:20 or 9:40. I was just sitting on the couch not paying attention to things like time or channels.

Yeah, last week was good too, as was the awards show. I think my favourite characters are Michael and Dwight. Michael is so inappropriate and Dwight is just too odd.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Michael D said...

Joy,

I can't believe that you didn't watch Survivor!! I always thought you and Darren were reality tv fans! Whats next? Gilmore Girls?

2:18 PM  
Blogger Kirst said...

Okay so no knocking Gilmore Girls. I make everybody watch it on Tuesday nights.

Anyway, I missed talking to you lots, yesterday.

Wow i'm impressed with Ethan's comment. I do know how much he loves his chocolate milk. Especially the real kind. Not our "fake" kind

9:54 AM  
Blogger Kirst said...

Hey don't knock the Gilmore Girls. I make everybody watch it on Tuesday nights.

I missed talking to you lots yesterday Joy.

I'm impressed with Ethan's comment. I do know how much he likes his chocolate milk. And not the "fake" kind.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Kirst said...

sorry about the 2 comments that are the same. something happened. I pressed a key and thought I had lost what I said.
"Oh nuts!"

9:57 AM  
Blogger This is the PUDDICOMBE CLAN!! said...

Hey there!

Happy Mom's Day. Great blogging. Do you ever wonder what life was actually like BEFORE our kids? I know that the Puddicombe family blog would certainly be non-existant!

Sooo, abi decided to be a hairdresser on Thursday...CUT IT ALL OFF!! Hoping to post the whole deal on our blog this week sometime.

By the way, regarding your getting comfortable with being domesticated...that happens when you are home all week long!! I NEVER in my life would have thought that I would tell people my fav place in the entire house is the kitchen!!! Somedays, I feel like the Danielle I knew A VERY LONG TIME AGO, has been kidnapped and replaced by some freaky weird desperate housewife.

Well, love to you guys...even the dork;)

D:)

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

isn't a venti always a triple? i think we need to consult lynn on this one...
~K

6:48 AM  
Blogger Evey said...

The office is a great show, I do however love the original british version better.

So another starbucks lover hey? My hubby works for them so we drink lots and lots and lots of Starbucks. I was destined to marry a Starbucks employee. lol

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home