It's not Whitebread!!!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Primetime

I thought I would take advantage of the fact that the boys aren't up yet and do a post. Something struck me yesterday as Ethan was singing "Pharoah, Pharoah..." It's amazing how much their little brains are like sponges - they absorbe everything. They might only be 3 when they start in Sunday School but messages are being received and one some level, understood. We need to value our youth workers and encourage them to continue doing what they are doing - they are influencing our children. However, they don't really have filters yet because later in the day, after having the radio on in the car, he was singing "Shut-up, Shut-up.." which is a bad word in our house. I suppose there is going to be good and bad choices all their lives (on much larger scales). I guess it's up to us and the influences in their lives that will form how they make those decisions, both positive and negative. The parenting responsibility is quite overwhelming sometimes - way beyond them drawing on themselves and being "booger-snot-noses" (Ethan's term). Thank God that He is there to help us.
I hear stirring upstairs so I must go and start this parenting adventure. Chin up to all those parents, soon-to-be parents, and hope-to be parents out there. The rewards far outweigh the challenges!
No quote for today but keep posted for future developments!

7 Comments:

Blogger Tammy Williams said...

Hi there Joy. Great to see you got a blog too. Might as well jump on the bandwagon right?!

Both Jeremy and I are looking forward to the whole parenting thing. I have waited a long time for this to happen to me and I couldn't be happier. Right now, the best part is just wondering what we are going to have. The excitement is suffocating.

Your boys are beautiful, and they have such wonderful names too. Congrats on a job well done mommy!

Hugs!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Kirst said...

See Joy I'm not the only one who thinks you're a great parent. You always have the right things to say.

I also want you to know how much I value your freindship. I've really enjoyed hanging out with you lots lately. It makes the lonely days not so lonely. I also love the fact that our kids are growing up together. Your kids are great. I'm not sure how put my feelings so I will just end with Thank you so much for your friendship. It means more to me than I can express.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Joy and Darrin said...

ahhhh!
Ditto.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Joy and Darrin said...

We always have an open-door policy - provided I won't be judged on cleanliness!!!
I have great friends!

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice works. It's good to be able to get these updates. I am so excited about this summer.
I always knew I had very intelligent children, who were smart enough to marry good men and be excellent parents to my grandchildren.
We love all of you.

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope today's "blog" is about the children, and not about the "shames, I mean the Flames". I have never ever seen the Flames play such a disjointed, disconnected, discussing games. They wore the equipment on the ice but left the heart for the game in the dressing room or even home.
Sorry about the negative comments, but when I stay up late at night to cheer on my favorite teams, and get that kind of performance, it puts me in a bad mood. I called last nigh after the game but there was no answer.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Anthony and Kim said...

Hey Joy!
I finally got to check out your blog!
Thanks for all your support at work, it has been a growing experience but I really do enjoy it.
Sorry about last months stats:(
im really disappointed with it too
But I had I think 3 or 4 people book from my WCB from April! Oh and this month i think im at 100%
Thanks again for all your encouragement! When are you coming back!!!!

Kim

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home