It's not Whitebread!!!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A little of not much

My problem about complaining about infrequent blog updates from everyone else is that now I have to and I just am not that interesting. This post will just be a little bit of not much.

We had a student from the Booth Bible College stay with us yesterday. It was really quite interesting to learn about him and his home country of Haiti. It was also interesting to hear his perspective on our country, having just lived here for a couple of years. I've never doubted that being Canadian was a privilege but we often take our freedoms and global advantage for granted. He was great with our kids too and in true Ethan form, he was able to show him the 'dark side' of pre-schoolers by throwing a fit at the supper table. Maybe I was being irrational by not letting him play with his "light-saver" and Dominoes at the table ;-)

On to another thought...
Ever since I was 18 weeks pregnant with Aidan and found out what we were having (besides a baby!) I have heard the comments about "needing to have a girl now" from an exorbitant amount of people. Why is it that having two boys doesn't seem like a complete family to people? To me, 2 boys was the ideal (even before that's what we were given). There are enought girls out there for other people with much more patience and understanding to raise. God gives us what we can handle therefore I have boys.

I don't have a quote for you today but I will share a story.
Here you go....
"A Day at the Zoo"
by Ethan Whitbread - age 4.5
Once, when I was only 2, I went to the zoo with my Grampa and we climbed up a giant hill for a long, long time and there was a T-rex and it was real but it was sorta nice only it had big teeth and it started to bite on my shirt and my Grampa had a marble in his pocket and he threw it at the T-rex and then it got dead.
The End

7 Comments:

Blogger Bobbi said...

Thank you Joy for putting things into perspective that OTHERS will now understand! We (as you) have heard the never-ending "aren't you going to have a third, and try for a boy?" WHY???? Our lives are truly and totally complete with the two lovely ladies we have that GOD has intended for us to raise!!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Tammy Williams said...

I think the same thing about boys - but with God's sense of humor, I will probably end up with a girl:)
I spent some time down in The Dominican Republic teaching English and heard many stories about how poor Haiti was compared to the D.R. I can't imagine it being worse than what I got to see, but I'm sure it's true. God Bless those people who still live there.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Kirst said...

I think you are absolutely right when you say God gives us what we can handle. We all should be very grateful for what we are given. So many people out there can't have children of their own. I know that I am so happy for what god has given me and I know you are too. And ditto what Tan or Andrew said.

8:10 PM  
Blogger --Nathan-- said...

there is nothing wrong with a house full of boys... although your food bill may shoot through the roof.

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our boys are just as special as our girls.
Jill & Bill three girls (our granddaughters). Joy & Darrin two boys (our grandsons). We love them all equally. as long as there are no more.
And of course we love the parents of all equally.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Miranda said...

Girls can truly be difficult. My daughter pushes my limits everyday and we have another girl on the wya. Not sure why God thinks I can handle girls thoug!?! lol

8:18 AM  
Blogger Dayna Curtis said...

I believe God gives us the patience and grace to handle which ever sex of children He blesses us with. Although I can't imagine having enough patience to handle a 21 month old and twins if that's what he blesses us with! But I'm sure it will all be good if it's twins! Just please God, don't make it triplets! haha

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home