It's not Whitebread!!!

Sunday, May 07, 2006

The Sunday Sacrifice

Once again, I am left at home with sick kids on a beautiful Sunday morning. The sacrifice of a mom. At least I am feeling okay this time. Aidan is croupy and Ethan's asthma has been quite bad the past couple of days. I am preparing for guests for lunch (as previously planned) and took a couple of minutes to post. I am curious for some feedback on the various church services that were attended this morning. What was the overall "theme" and/or sermon topic? Did anything out of the ordinary happen? Was it enjoyable or less than enjoyable? (Caution to those who attend the same church as I, our 'pastor' may read this:-) )
I'll be checking to see if there are any duplicates in topic/theme/message. Just curious.
Ciao!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jason Your Car Guy said...

I heard it was nothing compared to Edmonton Temple. Oh by the way, I will take you up on the visit sometime.

Will you be at Music camp this year?

J

5:19 PM  
Blogger Kirst said...

Sometimes the sacrifice just has to be made. I hope my little buddies are doing okay. Let me know if you need me to watch the Ethanmyster, if you need to take Aidan to the doc. See you at 6:00am. Bright and early.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Joy and Darrin said...

Jay,
I look forward to the visit and meeting your wife. We will be at Music Camp this year again. It's a good time. Are you thinking about it, Jay?

9:23 PM  
Blogger Fred and Wendy said...

You never know who is lurking about these blogs...maybe even the pastor...who never knows who is lurking about his blog too.

When you are not out you, and all those other young parents are missed.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Tammy Williams said...

We had a guest speaker today so his sermon was a little bit of everything. The main poin I caught was to step out of our comfort zone and reach out to the lost.

Something funny? This was my first time singing in the worship team and I had to use an in-ear monitor for the first time. The slippery little suckers kept falling out during the first service so I kept fiddling with it on the platform. Then I accidentally left my pack on during the sermon and throughout the second service the juice died and I couldn't hear a thing! It is SOOO hard to sing on key when you can't even hear yourself. I hope I didn't sound like an dork on my first day.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Jason Your Car Guy said...

Yes, Karlene and I will be at Music Camp. We are both really excited about it. We get back from NF on wednesday, Karlene has a music conference in Calgary Thursday to Saturday and Camp for us both on Saturday. So busy times, but lots of fun.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home