It's not Whitebread!!!

Thursday, May 04, 2006

How things change

I remember a time when a nice day consisted of making a plan to go out to do something. Maybe meeting up with friends for coffee and dessert on a nice patio somewhere, maybe head over to the mall to get some shopping done, maybe even a haircut or a pedicure. How has this changed for me? Those are still nice things however I have now added a new description of a nice day to the list of many - staying home to get housework done! Am I messed up or what?! Darrin took the car, the kids slept in, I organized my pantry, Ethan's colouring stuff, cleaned the kitchen & nook, family room, and got laundry started. I then made Leek & Potato soup from scratch. It was a nice day. Weird. I know the housewives/mom's out there know what I mean.
On another note, I know there may be some people that may argue with me on this, but I have the best dad in the world. You wouldn't argue that I think I have the best dad but you may think that yours is the best in the world. You are wrong.
So, if you like potato soup, the Best of Bridge recipe is very good. I hope Aidan has a better appetite than Ethan. He seems to so far but his selection of food is quite limited. He does chow down though which is giving him a robust figure. "Moose" - as he has been affectionately (?) called by Nathan- will easily drink a full 8 oz bottle, followed by a full jar of veggies and some fruit. Maury, here we come!
Ethan has had a few choice comments since the last post but I will leave you with this one.
Ethan's Funny Quote of the Day:
"I'm so, so, so brave. But not as brave as those people up in Heaven. You know, Jesus & God!"
This is an improvement in his humility seeing as last night he figured himself to be stronger than everyone, even "those guys".
We'll work on it.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kirst said...

I like his muscles. Watch out the girls are going to be a callin'. I can't say it enough but I really like your kids. And I think we both have the best Dad. I likes what your dad had to say.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Joy and Darrin said...

Kirsten
You do have a cool dad too. Thanks for being a good Auntie to my kids.

11:09 PM  
Blogger --Nathan-- said...

why dont you two get a room... wow, for the past couple days all its been is, you're the greatest friend no your the greatest no you are.. and so on. I keed i keed, its good to have good friends and you two do have pretty cool kids.

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aah...but to be on maury, the bottles need to be filled with rootbeer or coke instead of milk.
~K

12:14 PM  
Blogger Tammy Williams said...

I love that quote. How cute is that?! When you said something about housewives, it got me thinking about our blog friends. We are all wives and I bet our husbands would even classify us as desperate housewives - always needing to check-up on our other friends in a desperate attempt to stay close with them.
However, I would rather be known as the domestic housewives. Anyone with me on this?!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Bobbi said...

Sometimes I feel like a delirious housewife! No really, domestic is good; and very capable!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Evey said...

Chris and I were just talking about this very thing this morning. We were in bed last night before 11 (on a friday) and up this morning at 7. For 2 people without kids that is sad. lol

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home