It's not Whitebread!!!

Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day, MP3 & McDonalds


Well, I had a great Mother's Day. It commenced with breakfast in bed, followed by some gift opening. I was given an mp3 player and a gift cert. to Evelyn Charles. I guess now I can listen to music while getting my pedicure. In addition to blogging, now I can spend hours looking for music on the computer! At church we were given a plant and a card from our kiddies and in it, Ethan drew a picture of McDonalds - his favorite thing to do with his mommy. Then we went to lunch with friends, I had a nap, we went swimming, and then over to friend's to watch the Oiler's game and Survivor. Another great day.
The inadequecies that I often feel as a mother get buried under the overwhelming love and appreciation that I receive from my son and husband.
But...speaking of...my baby has fallen asleep in the jolly jumper. I really should put him to bed properly.
Ethan's Touching Quote of the Day:
"Ever since I met my mommy when I was a little baby, she's been my favorite!"
(as told to his daddy while making breakfast)

6 Comments:

Blogger Kirst said...

Are we on for the gym in the morning? I need to go loosen up my muscles. I'm glad you had a great mother's day. Work on Darrin.

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If D-dog comes to the zoo, I can go to the gym.

I'll call in about an hour

999

10:06 PM  
Blogger Faye said...

I love reading your posts. They either make me laugh or cry. For some reason this one made me cry. I'm just a bit sentimental, but the quote was what got me today. Ah Ethan - you are a sweet kid!!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Evey said...

What a sweet quote from your sweet boy.

I was just telling Kirsten on her blog I would give her pedi's for free if I lived there just because I wouldn't want her walking around with dirty feet. lol

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure my little man would sleep better in Grampe's arms.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Evey said...

You people are killing me with no posts:(

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home