It's not Whitebread!!!

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Sweet Home Alabama

Well, I'm here.
The flight was fantastic; smooth, quick and I had two very well behaved boys.
I love the anticipation of walking through the airport to the awaiting family members on the other side of the frosted glass sliding doors. Will my son remember them? Will he try to hid behind my legs? (which is a really sad thought to know that my thighs can hide a 4 year old!) Will they have room in their car for 2 car seats, 3 suitcases, a backpack, a diaper bag and one giant purse - not to mention 3 extra people?
I think I was smiling even before I saw them. Ethan ran on ahead of me, straight into the arms of the first white-haired man he saw, which fortunately was Grampy. Phew! First 2 questions answered.
It sure is nice to be here. I feel quite relaxed already. It has only been 1 full day and I'm starting to miss Darrin. This potentially could be a long 2 weeks but hopefully it'll give him some down time, get his marks in, and get his exit paper completed for his masters degree. If you can, contact him by phone, email, or this blog to "encourage" him to get that paper done. It'll cost us another $800 if he doesn't have it done this summer and I've got shopping to do:-)
Anyhoo, just posting to check in. I'll keep up with you all.
Glad to be with my family but I wouldn't call it home. Calgary is now home. But it is sweet none the less. And it isn't Alabama.
Cheers!

4 Comments:

Blogger The Aitkenheads said...

hey I did my part in keeping Darrin on track with his marking and paper by taking him to a movie last night...oh wait...maybe that's the opposite of helping!!!

Oops.

AK

11:58 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

nice to be with family. I sure miss mine. Can't wait to go back to Calgary for a visit.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Kirst said...

I MISS YOU JOY! I'm going shopping tomorrow and was thinking about our shopping adventures. I am going with Chris. Bathing suit shopping. I saw D-dog tonight and he said he had to get home to mark. I think he is keeping on track.
I'm glad your flight went well and you are having a good time.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Tammy Williams said...

"Darrin, stay focused and keep your eyes on the ball! Joy doesn't want to revoke her shopping priveledges due to your procrastination!" How was that?

Glad you are doing well and that your kids seem to know who their grandparents are. That must be the best feeling ever.

Stay strong and out of the heat!

Hugs, Tammy

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home