It's not Whitebread!!!

Friday, May 26, 2006

I'm a Daddy's Girl.......


...and proud of it.
I am the second born in my family and was the 'boy' that they never got. I played sports, dug in the dirt, caught bugs, liked cars & trucks, and bonded well with my dad. He read me books at night, brushed my hair, was super fun at parties, Christmas Day, Easter and Halloween, he called me "joybells", took me on trips, bought me my first car (amongst countless other things), chased boyfriends down the street, walked me down the aisle (then performed the ceremony), and now is a Grampy to my boys; one of which is named after him.

He taught me to laugh, love, and live - not by telling me but by showing me. He is a Godly man who loves his family, works hard, is humble enough to admit when he's wrong (which is never!), and always puts others first. He'd eat beans and weiners for a week to afford something for one of his girls! He now has two sons by marriage, whom he loves and respects and has threatened them within every inch of their lives, three grand-daughters and two grand-sons.
I've said before that I have the best dad in the world and because of him, I have high expectations of the men in my life, and the men my boys will be. Their wives will be lucky.

With all this in mind, pray for my dad and me while he undergoes more heart procedures on Monday. I need to know he will be okay.

Love you, Daddy! Kisses





7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joy,

I know your dad will be ok. He has so much to live for and I know God will take care of him. Just know that I will be thinking and praying for both of you...

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey chick...just so you know, I'll have you and your Dad in my thoughts over the next few days. I don't exactly show it openly but you're very important to me, so what's happening in your life is important to me too.

It'll all be good...no worries.

AK

4:24 PM  
Blogger Tammy Williams said...

Your dad sounds amazing. I will keep him in my prayers!

4:38 PM  
Blogger Kirst said...

Hey Buddy! I didn't know all of the was happening. I will definetly keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers. I don't like to see my friends sad and hurting. Call me if you want to talk. Will you be going to London early? Keep me updated.

8:32 PM  
Blogger This is the PUDDICOMBE CLAN!! said...

Joy,

You and Darrin have a wonderful, awesmone and amazing support system out there! You know your dad is in a lot of people's prayers, and that God will carry you all through this.

I know what it's like being a daddy's girl, and being worried about their health and welfare. The thoughts that go through the mind while your dad is going through the difficult times is tough to handle at times...but through it all, try to remember how strong he is, and how powerful our God is.

Love ya,

D:)

9:55 PM  
Blogger Joy and Darrin said...

I know it'll all be okay but he's my dad....and he's there...and I'm here....
I'll see him on June 13th - he promised me.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Chrissy and Brian said...

You & your dad will be in our prayers. We went through the same thing with my dad just over a year ago, and now he is better then ever. I am sure the same will happen for your dad.
Take Care.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home