It's not Whitebread!!!

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Death by Booger


I have never been stung - by anything. I do not want to find out what it is like now. Having a friend who is allergic to bee stings and watching her freak out anytime she sees/hears one, I have adopted her "bee dance". You may be familiar with it. The one where you leave your baby behind for bait, knock over your chair and drink, and run away flailing as if you were trying to rid yourself of your arms??? Yeah, that one.
But today, I was brave. In the presence of my impressionable son, I discovered a wasp on my kitchen window, hiding out under the blind so I raised the blind and opened the door thinking that it would sense the impending danger and flee, flee, flee. But it seemed to be up for the challenge and so we had a stare down. Him, with his stinger poised, holding a defense position in the corner, knowing that if he stayed there, my swatter wouldn't be able to hit him dead on. I would say that I stood there, swatter in hand, trying to hold Ethan back for a good 15 minutes. I was waiting for the good shot and I just needed him to move just a little. Ethan was chanting to the rythym of my racing heart, "do it, do it, do it..." in between picking his nose and scratching his legs.
Finally he said, "Mom, I'll get it."
"No, honey. If you miss with the swatter, he'll get angry and come after us. Mommy will do it, just wait a second." I replied anxiously. Ethan was trying to get closer and closer to the enemy when suddenly he had an idea.
"Mom, I'm gonna kill it with this booger!" and he threw the latest find from his nostril excavation at the wasp.
I think the movement startled the wasp, it moved to an ideal stricking zone, and 1 whack did the trick.
I think it was a team effort but I think Ethan thinks he killed that darn wasp with his snot.
One things for sure; we will never run out of amunition in this house! ROTFL Yes, this is a picture of the weapon. Gross!





8 Comments:

Blogger This is the PUDDICOMBE CLAN!! said...

Ha ha ha ha...I am still laughing...way to go Ethan! That is one special kinda booger!

6:31 PM  
Blogger Kirst said...

I like to booger shot.

8:35 PM  
Blogger --Nathan-- said...

tbthe old snot rocket would have worked too! great story!!!!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Bobbi said...

Reading funny stories like this one makes me miss my girls being little! There really isn't too many dull moments in the presence of little ones! I LOVE my girls at the age they are now, but do miss their toddler/pre-school age. Erica was always full of one liners too!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Joy and Darrin said...

The wonderful age of 4 is both the most enjoyable and the most frustrating all at the same time.
I wouldn't miss it for the world.

11:24 PM  
Blogger Jason Your Car Guy said...

makes me want to have a kid...well Karlene can have it, well you know what I mean.

J

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of those stories are making me more and more anxious to see you all. I only wish I could be there to savour those kind of moments.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Tammy Williams said...

Super Booger!
Way to go Ethan - you saved the day!

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home