It's not Whitebread!!!

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Our growing list of "swears"

If you have been around us for any length of time, have been in my home, or have spent time with my son, you will know some "bad words". Maybe because you've heard them but mainly because you've said them and have been caught!

Here's the list:

the obvious 4-letter words (which sad to say, have been said - sorry Dad, sorry Major)
shut-up
stupid
can't
I don't want to play with you (more a phrase than just a word)
hate

Ethan will be quick to tell you if you say any of these within earshot and may potentially suggest that you go to the naughty chair for however many minutes you are in years. You see, he has had his share of 4-minute timeouts. Darrin actually looks forward to the 35 minute quiet times!!

Try going a day or two without saying any of those words. You may find it harder than it looks!

7 Comments:

Blogger Bobbi said...

Joy grew up as an O.K. too!
We are really thankful that we haven't heard any non-approving words coming from the mouths of our girls. I am also 'happy' that I work in a Christian School (my girls also attend) and don't hear it too often there either ... occassionally, sure! It does catch us off guard though!! Now at BALL, THAT'S another story in itself!

10:54 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

Add "what", "screwed up" and "crap" and you know what living with my mother was like...and what being a kid in her class is probably like.
(you could use what in the "what are you doing" context but not in the "pardon me" context)

6:50 AM  
Blogger Joy and Darrin said...

Yeah. I remember getting sent to my room for calling my sister a "lousy brat"!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Tammy Williams said...

Don't worry, I had golfer's mouth this weekend....haha.

4:06 PM  
Blogger This is the PUDDICOMBE CLAN!! said...

I've just plain given up! Between my father and his wonderful vocab, Billy's slip-ups and mine...we've now left it up to..."that doesn't sound nice coming for a little girls mouth". Especially since she is in the car with me every Monday morning...swearing is inevitable! Our list started with "stupid and shut-up" it quickly grew to add "crap", and then the four letter words...and now, I give up trying.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Faye said...

I just finished catching up on the last few of your blogs, and the booger story made me laugh. You have a great story telling ability. I could vividly see the wasp dance or whatever you called it. You should write a book.

12:47 AM  
Blogger Jason Your Car Guy said...

Yeah, I was having a conersation with our Pastor last week, it was more of a vent and some words came out that shocked him, but he understood, I think. LOL

J

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home