It's not Whitebread!!!

Monday, May 29, 2006

There's good news and....

bad news.

The good - Dad's angiogram went well and they have discovered the problem
The bad - He has to go back in 2-3 weeks to have the angioplasty done because they didn't have a bed for him to stay overnight.

At least I'll be there for the next round. There is a blockage of about 70% in the right artery that needs fixin' so in goes a balloon.

So let's tally up the hardware of the heart: triple bi-pass (one of which spanned two blockages), 3 or 4 balloons, 2 stints (?), and a lot of gold ;-) Good thing he has a big heart!

I tried to explain a little of what Grampy was having done to Ethan, saying that the doctor's put a tube with a camera in Grampy's heart to see if everything is okay and now they have to put a balloon in to make it all better.
Ethan's Funny Quote of the Day:
"What the heck? Like a real balloon? Like the shiny Nemo balloons at Safeway?"
Laughing Out Loud


He then proceeded to say "I sure hope Grampy is okay."
Too cute.





7 Comments:

Blogger The Aitkenheads said...

hey there can't be lots of good without a little bad...as long as the Good is always first and way bigger!!!! Plus it's not really bad news anyway...just some more good news that's being delayed 2-3 weeks!!!

12:14 PM  
Blogger This is the PUDDICOMBE CLAN!! said...

Got to love our kids and their perspective. If only we could all see through their eyes! Glad to hear that your dad did okay today. Billy's dad has gone through a lot of the same...it's scary...I'm glad that you'll be able to be with him next time!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Kirst said...

I'm glad to hear everything went well today. I'm happy for you that you will be able to be there for your dad. I know that means alot to you. See you this afternoon. I'll bring my camera just incase.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Jason Your Car Guy said...

I use to be scared of your dad, but now that he is a grandpa, he is just a big tebby bear. I'll keep him in my prayers.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Evey said...

Im happy to hear they found the problem and will be fixing it. I will keep both of you in my prayers:) Keep us updated.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Joy and Darrin said...

Jay,
you weren't even one of the ones he chased away!!!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Jason Your Car Guy said...

I know and I was still scared, and he even liked me.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home