It's not Whitebread!!!

Thursday, June 08, 2006

If the village calls....


I'm the idiot they are looking for.

I have always watched the infomercials on T.V and wondered, "who and where are the idiots that need these products?". I know it is the intention to sell the product but the marketers have a way to make an everyday, run-of-the-mill task look like an impossible feat or at least one that was way too complicated to even bother doing ever again.
For example, have you seen the commercial for the automatic hair braider? A normal little girl sitting down in front of her mom to have her hair done which ends up in tangles, tears, and tantrum? Da da da da...... the Braid Master to the rescue! Simply place the hair pieces into the clamps, press the button and impressively - beautiful braids in mere seconds! How did generations upon generations upon generations ever get by without one??!!
Then there's the Spaghetti Steamer (actually Pasta Pronto), the Bacon Wave and the Cheese Master.
HOWEVER, I have discovered as of late how difficult it really is to flip a flippin' pancake. I can't do it without making a mess. I flip it over the others, up the side of the pan, everywhere except where it needs to go so I really could use the Perfect Pancake.
So, since I can't make pancakes, I am sure there is someone out there who can't braid hair or cook bacon. Someone's thinkin'.
Has anyone else been experiencing difficulty with Blogger.com?? It's been brutal.

12 Comments:

Blogger --Nathan-- said...

i love watching informercials; 1. for the exact reason you explained... to see how they can make easy tasks look hard. and 2. to watch them try to convince you that you need their product. The "set it and forget it" oven is one of my faves.... who needs to roast five chickens at once??? and i like how they try to make a negitive into a positive, with the set it and forget it oven its the fact that the outside becomes so hot that you can put a tray of veggies on top cook while your chickens are roasting.

11:34 PM  
Blogger kris said...

The worst infomercial, which I can't resist watching, is for the Magic Bullet. Not that there's anything wrong with the Magic Bullet, but the people they have gathered around the kitchen are so ridiculous. There's some old lady with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth the entire time. I get that they're probably trying to be inclusive but seriously?!

PS - Bogger? :-p I do have problems with it frequently.

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the magic bullet infomercial. I also love any knife infomercials, anything that can cut a steel hammer and still cut a tomato is the knife for me. I definitely won't be doing that with my knives, since there are a couple that cost a couple hundred dollars.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Jason Your Car Guy said...

blogger has been slow, informercials do nothing for me, unless they are on real late....;)

J

joking

12:18 PM  
Blogger Tammy Williams said...

Blogger has be real slow for me too. Pancakes ARE hard to flip. I usually get Jeremy to do them because I just make a mess out of them. Thank goodness for husbands!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Bobbi said...

I have the "set it and forget it" rotissierie. I must say I LOVE it! Turkey's take WAY less time than in the oven, Way juicier, AND the house doesn't get hot. Roasts are fabulous too! (Did NOT buy it through an infomercial... I'm not one for infomercials, they make me laugh!)

6:59 PM  
Blogger Kirst said...

I love the magic bullet one.
How is it that everybody is over at the same house in the morning? The lady with her cigarette, oh she makes me laugh.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

ok magic bullet is the best thing ever! If I see that the infomercial is on, I will sit and watch the whole thing like it's a show. The best part? I have one!! And it's seriously the best thing ever!!!!

Lady with the cigarette? Brilliant!

Hungover guy who needs more coffee? Amazing!

The couple who loves mixed drinks? You just can't get any better than that!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Bobbi said...

I have often thought before...if you 'buy' into all of these "handy-dandy" kitchen or otherwise gadgets, wouldn't you need a second home to house all of them??!!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Joy and Darrin said...

then you could buy more!!

8:46 AM  
Blogger The Aitkenheads said...

Can anyone help me...I'm lost and I can't find my village!!!

AK

10:07 PM  
Blogger Evey said...

Just catching up on your last 4 or 5 posts because i am a big slacker:)

Blogger does get slow at times, but i still find it to be the best option out there.

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home