It's not Whitebread!!!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Oh the pressure....

and I'm not speaking on behalf of my belt after Thanksgiving dinner!

I'm speaking of two things:
1) I've made it to Kris' 'Most Frequented Blogs' section and I don't want to be cut to the section below, which is the 'Blogs I visit but are updated very infrequently' section and
2) Someone has shared with me their disdain about blogging, calling it a selfish and self-centered waste of time.

I have had further discussions with this individual (at which time they apologized for potentially hurting my feelings and insulting me) and have explained to him my desire to connect with a variety of different people and to keep my distant family updated on the musings of the Whitbread household. I have enlightened him a little but I also don't disagree with him on some level.

I will continue to share my life with you, my reader(s) and ask the same in return. Life is way to interesting and comical to keep to ourselves!

I will share with you Ethan's prayer at suppertime last night:
"Dear God and Jesus, you are so, so, so nice. Thank you for my potatoes and carrots and turkey and gravy. It is fun to sit at the big table and I am going to eat now. Amen."

Chat soon.

5 Comments:

Blogger kris said...

Yeah, I partly agree that assuming other people want to hear about boring stuff we think is interesting is somewhat egoistical, but I like reading all the funny things Ethan says so I say keep it up.

11:16 AM  
Blogger The Aitkenheads said...

I blog cause if I don't let some of this stuff out of my head it'll explode...seiously...I'm not lying...happened to a friend of mine!!!

BOOM...gone...very messy!!!

AK

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I figure if people don't likee the whole blogging thing they don't have to read them. I have felt that way about not knowing if people want to read what I have to say. I try to make it so it doesn't come across as selfish. I definitely don't think your is.

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why would someone who doesn't like blogging or reading them be reading them? Isn't that a bit weird?

We started as a way to connect to family only...but were found out! So now I have to be careful what I say...darn!

It is fun to read what others choose to write.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Evey said...

I certainly dont update my blog the last few months as much as I used to, I need to get better about that.....

I used to think "why do people want to read about the boring stuff I do from day to day" but then I realized that it doesn't really matter. I blog because it is somewhere for my family and friends who are far away to keep up with where I am at and what I am doing. And if people dont want to read it then they dont have to. Also even though I dont have kids yet I think it is a great way to "chronicle" about them and where they are at and the steps they are taking.

Anywho that was a bunch of ramble. lol.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home