It's not Whitebread!!!

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Funny or sad? You decide.


So, at Ethan's school they have special school shirts that they wear for special occasions and School Spirit Days. (2 special's and 3 school's in one sentence - not good)
Anyway, for his class they are green and today happens to be a special day with a visit from the Vancouver Aquarium. So I was playing up the whole "green day" thing when Ethan got super excited and started jumping around everywhere yelling, "Green Day, Green Day, Green Day. They are coming to my school. Yippee! Yippee! Green Day! I love Green Day!"
It sounds so obvious when I type it out but I didn't get it at first.
Yep! He thought that by it being green day at school that Green Day would be there.
I thought it was cute and funny then it dawned on me. Should my 4.5 year old know who Green Day is?
Maybe it is a little sad too.

Dad, Green Day is a rock band ;-)

10 Comments:

Blogger The Aitkenheads said...

GREEN DAY ROCKS!!!!! Nothing sad about that. Just means the boy's got some musical taste that's all.

"Blvd of Broken Dreams" and "Wake Me Up When September Ends" are constantly played at our house, as per Jaymee's request.

4:27 PM  
Blogger --Nathan-- said...

Green Day is a great band and as far as "punk rockers" go they are pretty tame on the ears even young ears so for Ethen to like them isnt bad... better than listening to his dad lose at Settlers.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Kirst said...

I like Ethan's choice in music. I would like him sing some for me sometime.

4:11 PM  
Blogger kris said...

Funny, then sad, then funny again.

Funny because Ethan is always saying funny things.

Sad because thinking Green Day was coming then finding out it's really just some guy coming to talk about an aquarium must have been heart-breaking.

Then funny again because children look funny when they're sad and disappointed. (joke)

12:49 PM  
Blogger Faye said...

Thanks for the foot note to your Dad, it cleared things up for ME. This getting old and out of synche with the youth sucks.

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on my most recent post. I am glad your turkey was yummy and too am thankful for you. We are so lucky to have such great friends like you guys.

10:06 AM  
Blogger --Nathan-- said...

Wake me up when the sapfest ends

.. get it?!

seriously though.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Joy and Darrin said...

I like to think of myself as fairly witty and somewhat funny, even clever but I don't get it.

8:32 AM  
Blogger --Nathan-- said...

sigh, you arent really a green day fan then are you... "wake me up when september ends" you know their song... nevermind!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Joy and Darrin said...

Ah! I was just being a north American Idiot. I clued in, When I Came Around.

Good Riddance.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home