It's not Whitebread!!!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hoarders

Does anyone watch the show "Hoarders" on t.v.? It is crazy the amount of stuff that people keep around.
I have never considered myself to be a pack rat or being overly emotionally attached to much (my years of moving around has done that to me) but I was shocked at myself today.
Here is a list of the contents of my two purses combined:

mints (from Father's Day at the church)
4 bobby pins
2 bag clips
a ring
map of downtown Washington, D.C.
4 popcan tabs
hitman ticket stubs
a blue hospital card for "baby boy Whitbread"
scrapbooking ribbon
4 pens
3 pencils
2 ipods
1 set earbuds
1 set blackberry earbuds
6 tubes of lipgloss
1 lipstick
Costco card (reported lost and since replaced)
2 hair buckles
1 button
2 flash drives
1 popcorn kernel
1 Starbucks gift card (probably empty)
3 dimes
2 pennies
glue stick
bottle of Tylenol
4 tubes of hand cream
1 230 ml tub of body lotion
granola bar
purple skeleton ring
toothpicks
"J" shaped sticky notepad
2 picture hanging wall hooks
spoon
fork
nametag
2 packs Whitestrips
keychain
nail file
3 panty liners
1 tampon
hand sanitizer
toothbrush
handmade Halloween bracelet
3 napkins
1 hair elastic
bunch of receipts
jewelry order form
church bulletins
pay stubs
movie tickets
H1N1 information form
good-bye card
Old Navy coupon
R.O.E.
1 wallet

I'm disgusted with myself but I probably would have done well on "Let's Make a Deal".
I hope that by exposing my problem someone else can get help too. You can do it. Open your purse. Be free. Purge. You're not alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home