It's not Whitebread!!!

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Accolades and Idiosyncrocies

Yesterday was 'Meet the Teacher' day at Foundations for the Future Charter Academy, Ethan's school. Everything went well and at the end of the meeting she asked that we, as parents, write her a letter expressing anything we wanted her to know about our child. "Okay, great!" i thought - originally- then I starting to feel that it could be quite daunting. How much do I want her to know? So much of it she is certain to discover on her own (insert evil laugh here).
No, but seriously, how do you write a letter about your child without either praising him so much that he is put up on this high pedestal he can't do anything but fail and disappoint (I call this the Obama Complex) or sounding like you are defending and apologizing for his behaviour and personality?
I think I found the balance and ultimately she'll form her own opinions. In the meantime we'll pray for her and all the little kiddies under her influence.
I'm looking forward to school this year - both boys go in some capacity. Although that means more driving and more volunteering and more birthday parties (ugh!) they are excited. And as long as my kids are excited to go to school, I will be excited for them to go.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home