It's not Whitebread!!!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A proud moment?

I'll start by saying that at least he didn't call her fat!
But maybe by moving quickly aside, looking wide-eyed, and exclaiming "Whoa! You're ah.......big!" was probably just as bad, if not worse.
Luckily, his teacher was able to keep her composure........NOT!
Tsk, tsk, tsk Auntie!

Another funny thing:
I was watching the news last night and the reporter was interviewing people on the street, all bundled up, braving the winter storms across this country. All the typical answers were heard like "I hate the cold but you gotta dress warm" and "it sucks" and "I wish I lived in Florida" but the funniest, unexpected comment came from a young girl in Winnipeg. Not being strangers to all the wintery goodness this seasons provides, she said,"It's even colder than usual. I actually hate my ancestors for settling here!"
I laughed and laughed. Ah, the news. Is there better entertainment?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Kirst said...

Bad Auntie! Sorry to hear about the sickness. Coffee would be great. Let me know what works best for you.
I need to watch the news more often it's never that funny when I watch it.

11:10 AM  
Blogger The Aitkenheads said...

That's OK...Jaymee called me fat the other day when I went to the gym. And when I got back from the gym she said "Dad you're still fat"

Oh the honesty!!!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Tammy Williams said...

All the schools are closed around here and the t.v. shows are being pre-empted with WINTER STORM news coverage. It's hilarious to me because I'm used to the -40 degree weather of Calgary. When it goes below the freezing point here, people freak out! But I guess a lot of it is due to the lack of snow ploughing. They don't employ enough workers to clear the roads so only the main ones are cleared. On the news today they said "The main roads are cleared but you will have to make your own way off your home street".....haha. I found that funny!

10:56 AM  
Blogger This is the PUDDICOMBE CLAN!! said...

Yup, that's us winnerpegers...we're freaking hilarious...and SMRT.

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that Auntie sounds like she has a GREAT sense of humour!

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home