It's not Whitebread!!!

Sunday, November 19, 2006

The picture behind the story

It was picture day at school and it was a Thursday. My kids used to go to Kirsten's on Thursdays. Notice I said "used to".

Anyway, I sent a shirt (which needed to be ironed but I knew Kirsten would be all over that without me even asking her to) and said, "Ethan will tell you how he wants his hair.". You see, sometimes he wants his hair flat, and sometimes he wants it spikey. I thought I would let him choose for the photoshoot.

He hadn't been in the habit of asking for a mohawk (or 'fauxhawk') so for it to be his first and only request when Auntie Kirsten asked him was a surprise to us all.

She obliged and voila....


I had to take a picture of the picture.
Thanks, K. I think it looks great!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Thats funny. His hair looks so cute. I can't belive how big he is. Wow.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Kirst said...

What a cool Auntie he must have, even though I don't know how to do boy hair. It didn't turn out too bad. I think I found my calling.
He looks so cute!

10:35 PM  
Blogger The Aitkenheads said...

Coming from an uncle who can't play with his hair anymore...enjoy the hair, love the hair!!!

He should do as many crazy things with his hair as he wants cause no matter what it'll always grow back if you cut it and...(here's my nature related side)...the leaves on the trees change color throughout the year...so why can't hair!!!!


AK

8:20 AM  
Blogger --Nathan-- said...

the hair is awesome... seriously, im sure he is the envy of all the kids in his class.

8:21 AM  
Blogger This is the PUDDICOMBE CLAN!! said...

What a cutie! Good job auntie K!! By the by, I ended up with a copy of Darrin's school pic...now mom wants one. Billy's sis works at Josten's and she was processing the pics when she saw Darrin...I have no idea what made her think I wanted a copy of brother!! Anyway, heads up on the request from the mother-in-law.

D:)

12:20 PM  
Blogger Evey said...

What a handsome fella!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Faye said...

Kirsten I think you have missed your calling.

When Devin was in grade 2 he had to have retakes of his pictures as he was sick when they were first done, so Randy took him for a haircut the day before. Devin said he wanted a buzz cut, so a buzz cut he got (unbeknownst to me). He ended up looking like "Bull" from "Night Court". Ethan's haircut is way better than that.
Actually it is cute on him.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home