It's not Whitebread!!!

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Bittersweet

While I sit here outside of my trailer, looking over Pine Lake and the camp with the same name, I can't help but think about the future. That seems like a silly comment seeing as everything from this point on IS the future but seriously, I think a lot about the plans that I have for my life and that of my husband and boys. This camp is very special to our family and will probably play a significant role in the lives of my boys as well - Ethan can be a camper next year :S. I think about our years as Music Camp faculty and the years to come. I think about our next trailer. I think about where we will camp next. I think about our family time camping in genreral and how enjoyable that is - no other distractions or interferences - just us. I've read recently that the 2 of the best things you can do for your children is 1) give them time and 2) be a good wife. The key to being a good mother is being a good wife. Sometime I think we get that backwards (that's a discussion for another post).
There will come a day when the boys won't want to come camping with their parents. There may even come a day when they are camping with their own families (or their wive's families - again, a discussion for another post).
I received some terrible news yesterday about the passing of my friends baby at birth, a few days past her due date. I am reminded then of one very important and significant thing - the plans that WE have for our lives isn't necessarily THE PLAN. "For I know the plans I have for you, saith the Lord." BUT, it goes on to say, "plans to PROSPER you, NOT to harm you......".
So I have pondered and pondered and questioned and mused and I still don't get it. But maybe instead of spending so much time planning, I'll spend more time trusting. Clarity and understanding come with time and yet some things we aren't meant to understand at all. I guess that's part of trusting.....

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Dani Puddicombe said...

Trust is a big thing Joy. We all get ansy, and we all have our moments of wanting to mix it up a bit. You are an extremely blessed woman (all of you are)! God has provided you with so much. Just place it in His hands, and watch what happens next. Lean on Him to "mix it up" for you...although, careful what you pray for, cuz He just might do that!

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home